Welcome to Vital Environment
Welcome to Vital Environment where we constantly raise the bar in the prevention of erosion and stopping its by-product – sediment – from entering and polluting our waterways.
To fully understand erosion, Vital Environment designed and constructed a purpose built training and testing facility in South East Queensland. Our facility offers a customised and erosion focused venue for educators and leaders in the erosion and sediment control (ESC) industry to deliver best practice training to the construction and mining community. The ESC educators engaged by Vital Environment are the best in the industry and offer a range of innovative training courses which cater to all levels of participants, from beginner to masterclass.
Our facility is a one of kind in Australia and defines Vital Environment’s innovation and environmental credentials. Australia possesses some of the most pristine natural waters in the world which are under threat of sediment laden run-off from erosion, such as the Great Barrier. Through our dedication to our innovative products and our own ESC training facility right here in Australia, Vital Environment have the sustained solutions to mitigate erosion.
Installing VE Gro-Matt provides immediate stabilisation and long-term sustainable growth. With the ongoing rain in SEQ, vegetation will be germinating in no time!
It’s all happening in Canberra!
It’s all happening in Canberra! Hydraulically applied VE Organic-Matt creates an instant organic layer to restore disturbed soil. Thank you to our dedicated industry partners Complete Turf & Landscaping for their ongoing support across the ACT.
VE Gro-Matt across South East Qld
The recent rain has promoted rapid growth following pre-Christmas VE Gro-Matt installations across South East Qld.
Two years on and it is thriving!
What an iconic location to display the results achieved with VE Gro-Matt. Two years on and it is thriving!
Best practice methods of water treatment and ESC
Vital Environment are proud to support Healthy Land and Water in educating local councils and the construction industry in best practice methods of water treatment and erosion and sediment control.
Fundamentals of ESC (09 SEP)
This training is face-to-face and social distancing practices will be observed.
- Understand why soil erosion is a significant environmental issue;
- Understand the causes of soil erosion;
- Understand the difference between erosion and sediment control;
- Understand how to minimise erosion and sediment impacts;
- Understand legislation and clearer guidance on legal requirements and obligations and how to avoid penalties;
- Improved knowledge of products and techniques for effective erosion and sediment control and how they are supposed to be used ie. Awareness of best-practice requirements;
- Increased ability to critically analyse the compliance of onsite erosion and sediment control with regard to legislation and recommended industry practice.
- Understand shutdown considerations.